Iść przez życie z ręcznikiem, mydłem i wodą.../ Go through life with a towel, soap and water...
Lubię deszcz i burze, choć wiem, że też mogą wyrządzić wiele szkód i odebrać czyjeś życie. Dlatego, że u nas praktycznie nie pada, to w każde wakacje w Polsce marzę choć o odrobinie tego orzeźwiającego deszczu. I tym razem mój telefon zarejestrował kilka filmików, na potem, na wspomnienia... Niesamowicie zachwycają mnie krople skapujące z drzew, kwiatów, liści oświetlane promieniami słońca po ulewnym deszczu...
Kiedy byłam w Polsce na Tygodniu Ewangelizacyjnym, przechodząc się alejką pod topolami, zauważyłam małą dziewczynkę. Przebiegła obok mnie i natrafiła na kałużę. Wróciła się, umyła swoje stópki i różowe sandałki z błota i pobiegła dalej. Niesamowicie ujął mnie ten obraz...
Jezus także zaczął swoje nauczanie umywając uczniom nogi. Chciał im przekazać ważną lekcję na temat służenia innym. Jezus wiedział, że stopy to jedno z najbrudniejszych miejsc i umycie ich drugiemu człowiekowi to wielkie poświęcenie i przełamanie się, aby zrobić to z dobroci serca. Bez narzekania, bez krzywienia nosa na przykry zapach...bo służenie to często poświęcenie, to rezygnacja z siebie i swoich codziennych planów, to bycie dostępnym dla innych z "ręcznikiem, mydłem i wodą". A wtedy odkryjemy jak wielką satysfakcję daje nam służenie innym i jak wielkim jest to dla nas błogosławieństwem.
Życzę każdemu aby nigdy nie zabrakło nam tej gotowości do służenia innym.
ENGLISH VERSION
I like rain and storms, although I know that they can also do a lot of damage and take someone's life. Because it practically doesn't rain here, every holiday in Poland I dream of at least a bit of this refreshing rain. And this time my phone recorded a few videos, for later, for memories ... I am incredibly delighted with the drops dripping from trees, flowers, leaves which are illuminated by the sun's rays after heavy rain ...
When I was walking along an alley under poplars during the Evangelization Week in Poland, I noticed… a little girl. She ran past me and found a puddle. She came back, washed her feet and pink sandals from the mud, and ran on. I was so taken by this picture...
How important it is to have clean feet. I recently read that scientists say we don't need to shower every day, but there are certain places on our body that need to be washed every day. One of them are feet, which can be a habitat for bacteria and fungi. And indeed, many people will not fall asleep without washing their feet. A friend who often travels to African countries says that even if he is unable to wash himself, he always washes his feet. It stems from very practical and even life-saving rules. If he was wandering the often dusty roads with his feet covered with dust, sand and sweat, he would not be able to feel an animal, such as a scorpion, climbing up his feet. This is how he protects himself from a deadly bite...
Jesus also began his preaching by washing the disciples' feet. He wanted to teach them an important lesson about serving others. Jesus knew that feet are one of the dirtiest places and washing them for another person is a great sacrifice, because you need to find it in your heart to do it. Without complaining, without wrinkling your nose at a bad smell... because serving is often a sacrifice, it's giving up yourself and your daily plans, it's being available to others with "a towel, soap and water". And then we will discover how much satisfaction it gives us to serve others and how great a blessing it is for us.
I wish everyone that we never run out of this readiness to serve others.




Komentarze
Prześlij komentarz